- Energy cost is 1/4 of the cost for gasoline-powered cars
- Less maintenance costs
- Quieter than gas vehicles & a smoother ride
- No tailpipe greenhouse gas emissions and much lower life-cycle emissions
- Electricity can be a renewable resource
- In Washington state, the majority of our electricity comes from these renewable resources, making it clean to charge your car!
- Support innovation and cost reductions in future EVs
Your EV loan helps us serve the financially vulnerable and the underbanked.
The Power is Yours!
You hold more power than you realize, and at Express CU, we're ready to help you access it. When you apply for an EV Loan with us, you have the power to improve your finances, the environment, and your Washington State community!
How does an EV loan empower you and your community? By switching to an electric vehicle, you'll save on energy and maintenance costs. Your loan will also help us serve the financially vulnerable and underbanked, which means you are helping give power back to those in our community!
Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Fueling with gasoline costs more than electricity
- Higher maintenance costs
- Louder that EVs
- Larger environmental footprint
- Impacts both climate change and local air quality
- Uses gasoline which is a non-renewable resource
Power Up Your Savings*Approval based on ability to pay, income and credit history. You must be over 18 years old to apply. Approved applicants must open an account with Express Credit Union before receiving funds for the purchase of the electric vehicle. Federally Insured by NCUA.
Why get an EV loan with Express Credit Union?
It's more than just an EV lauto loan with Express. We've partnered Plug In America and their EV's for EVERYONE initiative to offer a wrap-around program to provide you the support and resources you need as you convert to electric vehicle ownership.
How does a loan for an electric vehicle help the local immigrant or underbanked community?
Underbanked and immigrant communities make up a large percentage of our membership. Regardless of immigration status, Express CU is able to provide a trusted banking relationship and allow access to build credit and participate in mainstream banking. The interest earned from EV loans allows us to provide financial services in their language and education to help them reach their financial goals.
Benefits to our loan program
- EV loan rates at Express are 0.50% lower than standard new/used auto loan rates for loans less than $50,000. Not only do you save money on gas, maintenance and receive tax incentives for buying an EV, you'll save money on your financing too! Max financing for EVs is $50,000.
- Borrow more with an EV purchase than you would with a gas vehicle purchase. Our EV loans are designed to allow people with lower credit score or first time buyers access to financing without a large down payment.
- FREE annual membership to Plug In America's support hotline to support EV ownership. Approved applicants also have option access to an experienced EV owner as a mentor to assist in car buying process.
- Puget Sound Energy wants to help you understand the costs and benefits of driving an Electric Car. They've created an Electric Car Calculator* to help you calculate your savings potential!
- Access a Plug In America Mentor to assist in car buying process. mentors are experienced EV owners.
Ready to Go Electric?
New to ECU? Start your application.
We'll get you set up with an account once you're approved.APPLY NOW
Already an ECU member?
Login to your online banking to apply for a loan today.
- Receive a reply within 1-3 business days.
- Loan department will contact you for income verification.
-Pre-Approved applicants will have 60 days to find an EV that works for you.
-Use Plug In America's Car buying tool Plugstar to help find the EV that is right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
With the Express EV Loan Program, your total cost of ownership can be less than a gas powered vehicle. You don't have to be a millionare to buy an EV. As early adopters sell their EVs for newer models, these vehicles become available for addorable ordable prices. The enjoyment and benefit of driving electric can be had for much less than you think.
On average the cost of fueling a car with electricity is comparable to paying *$1/gallon for gasoline per the Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy. Driving 25 miles costs about $3.50 for a gallon of gasoline while it costs only about 60 cents for the equivalent amount of power from electricity.
EVs never require a trip to the gas station or an oil change. Your hands will never smell like toxic petrochemicals. EVs are powered by an electric motor with a single moving part, the rotor. There are a lot fewer things to break down, so maintenance costs are much lower.
The EV loan program includes special benefits and wrap around services for EV owners. Support from qualified experts will help your EV acquisition and ownership be successful. With thousands of EVs coming off leases, used EVs are more available and affordable than ever.
Charging is easier (and more affordable) than you may think. You can plug in your EV into a regular 110 volt outlet in your home, just as you would your cell phone each night. Energy cost for electric vehicles is roughly one-quarter the cost of gasoline powered cars.
Costos y Beneficios del Vehículo Eléctrico
Electric Vehicle Basics
In partnership with:
EV for Everyone initiative.