Express CU builds stronger communities – one member at a time!
As a member-owned not-for-profit institution Express CU serves individuals and families in the Puget Sound area and Washington State who want a stronger financial future.
Express CU provides affordable and secure financial services to meet the diverse needs of many people. A wide range of members feel welcome at Express CU. Regardless of income level, housing situation or credit status Express CU is where everyone can benefit from membership.
Express CU’s mission: Eliminate barriers to financial access and economic opportunity
Did you know?
- Over 30% of US households are unbanked or underbanked
- About one third of households in King County are unbanked or underbanked
Express CU is structured to create positive change for people and communities
- Mission centric and delivers quality services that benefit all Express CU members
- Uniquely designed account and loan products for building financial resiliency
- Majority of Express CU staff are bilingual Spanish / English
- On staff in house financial counselors
Impact by the Numbers
Fulfilling the Express CU mission translates into tangible outcomes:
2021 Impact Report
- 247 low income members joined ECU in 2021
- 57 unbanked members joined ECU in 2021
- 56% of entire $13.5 million outstanding loans at end of 2021 were to ITIN holders
Without Express CU thousands of households would still depend on predatory lenders and check cashing stores to meet their basic financial needs