Certificate of Deposit
Certificate of Deposit (CD)
Whether you’re looking for a short-term savings solution or a long-term way to save and earn some extra money, to help reach your financial goals, we have CD options for you.
Benefits of Certificates of Deposit (CD)
Fixed Rate: When you open a CD, you decide exactly how much you want to invest and how long to invest. In exchange for keeping your money in the account for the time agreed, you receive a fixed interest rate.
Higher Returns: CD rates are typically higher than what you’ll receive on a typical share/savings account.
Predictable Returns: CDs are considered one of the safest ways to save. You know what the return will be and how long you’ll keep it. You deposit and invest a specific amount at a locked rate for a specific amount of time.
Security: A CD opened with Express CU is federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA*.
Directly Supports community! Every $100,000 deposit generates revenue that provides FREE accounts, fair priced services and hands on support for 30 additional low income member households.
Single Deposit CD
|Single Deposit CD||6 months||12 months||24 months||36 months|
|$1,000-$49,999||1.25% APY||3.00% APY||2.00% APY||1.80% APY|
Social Impact CD
|Social Impact CD||6 months||12 months||24 months||36 months|
|$50,000-$99,999||1.50% APY||4.00% APY||2.25% APY||1.85% APY|
|$100,000+||N/A||4.25% APY||2.50% APY||2.50% APY|
How to open a CD
- Existing Members – call us at (206)-622-1850, send us an email at email@example.com or send a message through online banking. Let us know the amount you want to invest and for what term and we can get that set up for you.
- Non Members – You must establish an account with us in order to open a CD. Complete our membership application online and when the representative contacts you let them know you also want a CD.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. Rates accurate as of 1/1/2023. Will automatically renew into same term certificate of deposit at maturity, unless otherwise notified. Rates for renewed certificates will be in accordance to current rates at that date. $10.00 early withdrawal fee PLUS: 30 days interest forfeiture for terms 12 months or less; 90 days interest forfeiture for terms greater than 12 months. Account approval, qualifications, limits, enrollments and other requirements may apply. For more information, view our Certificate Truth-in-Savings Disclosure.
Save To Win CD
Win up to $250 each month by playing Save to Win. When you play you not only get a chance to win $250 a month or $1,000 in an annual prize, but you walk away with your savings in deposits that you've made throughout the year, plus, effective 4/1/23 new or renewed CDs will earn an annual percentage yield, APY of 1.5%*!!
We’ve made it easy to Save To Win at Express CU. Here’s all you need to do:
- Existing Members – call us at (206)-622-1850, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message through online banking to let us know you want to open a Save to Win CD and how much you want to open it with, min $25 to open.
- Non Members – You must establish an account with us in order to open a Save to Win CD. Complete our membership application online and when the representative contacts you let them know you also want to play Save to Win.
- Make monthly deposits into the Save To Win CD during the 12 month term and earn 1.5% APY. Every deposit of $25 or more is another entry to win. You can make up to 100 prize entries a month. See rules for more details.
Each participating member is limited to one (1) Qualifying Save To Win Share Certificate at one (1) participating credit union, with a minimum opening deposit of $25.
Don't forget to make your monthly $25, $50, $100 deposit and get your entries into the prize pool. We'll make it easy for you. The below form allows you to set up an automatic transfer from your ECU savings or checking account to the Save to Win CD!